Manage a team to provide a safe environment within the custodial areas of the court for prisoners to ensure their welfare in compliance with all contractual requirements and ensure all GEOAmey Policy and procedures are implemented to achieve business objectives
Needs to do
- Ensure the Custodial Areas are safe, secure and in adherence with GEO Amey policy
- Lead, manage and coach team members within the Court
- Daily allocation of staff to meet the operational task, and ensuring full optimisation of resources including maintaining Kronos
- Ensure that GEOtrack is correctly completed using the technology provided
- Daily briefings are completed before commencement of each shift
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are managed, updated and communicated where necessary
- Health and Safety Inspections and Risk Assessment of areas within their control
- Process data and generate management reports as directed by ABM
- Respond to incidents and emergencies within their area
- Ensure all staff are up to date with mandatory contractual training requirements and work with the training team to coordinate training courses and refreshers
- Liaise with all external stakeholders as required, ensuring that contractual issues are resolved and mutual understanding and co-operation is achieved
- Must read the Weekly Operations Update every week and all other communications from the Company to keep up to date with regular updates to Standard Operating Procedures and Working Practices.
- External Stakeholders e.g. Police, HM Prison Service, MoJ
- Operational Managers -General Managers / Area Business Managers
- GEOAmey Employees
- Suppliers to GEOAmey & HMCTS
- Operational Support Centre
- The ability to work well under pressure and to tight time deadlines, as well as a flexible team player who can support the wider Operations team as and when required
- Up to date knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures and GEOAmey Policies
- Strong persuading and influencing skills and a positive and practical attitude.
- Relevant IT skills.
- Ability to think ahead, plan work and meet deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong customer service focus
- Proven multi-tasking experience in a fast paced environment
- Flexible approach
- Organization and planning skills
- Effective Management of People
- Coaching Skills
- Work management and prioritising skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective Problem solving
- Accuracy and Attention to detail
- All roles within GEOAmey are subject to a risk assessment being completed to confirm the vetting status required for the applicant / job holder to undertake the duties of the role. This role has been risk assessed as requiring both Ministry of Justice Enhanced Level Clearance and an Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check.
- The job holder is required to be complete the necessary paperwork to complete the vetting process. Any offers of employment are subject to the relevant vetting clearances being obtained. Security and Vetting Decisions are made by the Vetting Outcome Decision Makers at the MOJ Shared Service Centre and not by GEOAmey.