Provide a safe environment for the movement of prisoners within the vehicles ensuring their welfare is provided for
Needs to do
- Carry out interior and exterior vehicle checks using vehicle check sheets, the Vehicle Operational Record and Vehicle Defect Report Forms
- Ensure vehicles have sufficient equipment to carry out tasks, e.g. food, water and handcuffs
- Responsible for Prisoners in their custody, ensuring they are identified correctly, searched and advised of their rights
- Liaise with Prison and police authorities to ensure correct documentation is completed
- Ensure risk assessments have been conducted for vulnerable or `at risk` Prisoners before handling or transferring
- Management of Prisoner property
- Responsible for Prisoner meals and snacks
- Responsible for Prisoners while in transit, ensuring Comfort Stops are taken when necessary, and Prisoner checks are completed and recorded
- Manage and control incidents when they occur
- Perform Courthouse duties during `down time`
- The ability to work well under pressure and to tight time deadlines, as well as a flexible team player.
- Up to date knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures and GEOAmey Policies.
- A positive and practical attitude.
- Good IT skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proven multi-tasking experience in a fast paced environment.
- Flexible approach
Assessment Day - 12th July 2016