The purpose of the role is to support the Finance & Procurement Department in delivering a quality service to its stakeholders both internally and externally. This will focus on providing assistance in administration, verification and processing of creditor payments and query management. The role will work alongside the Finance Assistant and Procurement Manager to ensure all work is completed in a timely manner.
This role is key to the success of the department and will be a great opportunity for an ambitious finance / procurement assistant looking to challenge themselves or for someone who is a diligent and focused administrator with experience in either a finance or procurement environment.
To assist in all aspects of finance with plenty of scope to upskill into new areas as work and personal demands require it.
Size and scope
- Reports to the Finance Manager with a dotted line into the Procurement Manager
- Support the finance team of 3 and Procurement team of 1
- Support the Management Accountants team of 2
Needs to do
- Create payment proposals and posting vendor payments
- Reconciliation of supplier statements.
- Resolution of invoice / account payable queries
- Liaise with operational staff regarding vendor queries
- Resolution of queries from vendors or colleagues within the procurement environment
- Deliver the full procure to pay solution
- Manage the procurement queries raised on a daily basis
- Area Business Managers and Base Administrators
- Central Support Staff
- Other finance team members
Needs to know
- Accounts payable or Procurement experience
- Educated to `A` level standard or higher
- Strong IT skills, particularly:
- Happy to work in a culture of change and variation
- Ability to achieve tight deadlines with high degree of quality and understanding
- Knowledge of accounting practices, statutory regulations and reporting requirements and experience of forecasting
- Good communication skills at all levels
- Knowledge of SAP or Similar Accounting System